Friday, November 14, 2008

pappa and farfar off to scotland november 9-13

My dad retired after 43 years at vägverket (he was a road engineer). We had been talking about going to Scotland for a while and now we finally did. After 6 months of hard work for me and 43 years of work (almost the same) for dad we took off. Our first flight from Gothenburg to Glasgow was delayed for 6 hours so we had time to play some cards and have a few beers (or dad did, I was going to drive when we landed). After a long wait we arrived in Glasgow at midnight. Got our car and drove to a hotel. Short planning for the next day and then it was time to sleep.

We had 3 relaxing, whiskey soaking, great days. We managed to find one of Scotland’s best pubs with its own beer distillery (both anita and eimi had a nice laugh that evening when we called after a visit). Of course we had to try all the different kinds of beer they made (luckily only 4). We went to the oldest, smallest and biggest distilleries + a few more.

And I think there was a back thought to have only 1 driver… me. After a smell I had to give them all to that old man.


Well it’s not the last time for me in Scotland. It was super nice.

No comments: